Skip To Content

Applying for Graduation

Students must submit a graduation application through Bronco Direct by the appropriate deadline.  Please see timetable below for specific dates.  The application is valid only for the quarter for which it is submitted.  Students failing to submit their application by the appropriate deadline may be required to graduate in a future quarter.  

View instructions on how to apply for graduation online (PDF).

Ready, Set, Graduate! – Presentation on the process of applying for graduation (PDF)

Only Master students in the College of Education may not apply for graduation unless they have previously submitted a Graduation Check Request Form (PDF).

Graduation Checks for all Undergraduates and Masters (excluding Masters in College of Education) will be done automatically. Students do not have to complete a Request for Graduation Check Form.

The Application for Graduation fee of $55.00 must be paid after submitting your Graduation Application online.  Failure to pay the Graduation Application fee will result in a hold placed on the student's record, which will prevent future registration in Cal Poly Pomona classes or the ability to receive a Cal Poly Pomona official transcript and diploma.

Guide to paying Graduation Fees online (PDF)

More Information About the Graduation Process


Quarter when Graduation  is Expected:

Graduation Application Period:

Deficiencies Must  Be Cleared By:

Diploma Mailing Date:

Fall 2013 April 2 - October 11, 2013 January 10, 2014 January 31, 2014
Winter 2014 September 30 - January 17, 2014 April 18, 2014 May 9, 2014
Spring 2014 January 6 - April 11, 2014 July 10, 2014 August 1, 2014
Summer 2014 April 1 - August 8, 2014 September 26, 2014 October 17, 2014

Students in Inactive Status with the university:

  1. Obtain a Graduation Application form from the Registrar's Office.

  2. Obtain a General Academic Petition form to waive residency requirement.

  3. See your academic advisor in the department of your major and obtain approval.

  4. Once approved, pay the graduation application fee and submit forms to the Registrar's Office.