News & Updates
August 28, 2014: IT will be upgrading the Cascade Server content management system on Thursday, Sept. 4 from 9:30 p.m. to midnight. Please do not log into Cascade during this time. The upgrade will take place during IT’s regularly scheduled maintenance window.
What’s new in Cascade 7.12:
- Dynamic dashboard system
- Improved HTML editor
- Easier file upload
- Easily identify stale content
- Daily broken link report
To learn about all the changes in the upgrade, download the guide What's New in 7.12 (PDF).
For questions about the upgrade process or the changes, contact the email@example.com.
New College, Department Websites Debut
Phase 2a includes nearly 100 sites in several divisions across the university:
- College of Business Administration
- College of Education & Integrative Studies
- The Collins College of Hospitality Management
- President’s Office
- Central academic affairs
- Several student affairs sites
- Several university advancement sites
- University Library
- New safety website
Visitors are encouraged to send feedback or report problems either through a pop-up feedback button or the feedback link in the footer.
New websites launching at the end of February
February 24, 2014: The next phase of the university’s website redesign project will be launching at the end of February 2014. Phase 2a includes nearly 100 sites in several divisions across the university.
Specifically, Phase 2a includes the College of Business Administration, the College of Education & Integrative Studies, The Collins College of Hospitality Management, the President’s Office, central academic affairs, several student affairs sites, several university advancement sites, the University Library, PolyCentric, and a new safety website.
After Phase 2a is launched and fully transitioned, planning for Phase 2b begins immediately and will include other colleges and departments.
Updates to Online Services, University Home Page
August 22, 2013: Finding BroncoDirect, Blackboard and email is now easier with the redesigned Online Services web page. This summer, improvements were made to the university home page, based on feedback and university strategic goals. Those changes include:
- The scrolling section of news, announcements and events has been renamed “Campus Spotlight.”
- A link to the events calendar page is now in the utility navigation (dark gray bar at the top).
- Featured Sites has a name and a new look.
- The Giving website is linked from the main navigation (green bar).
- Links to the Future Students Home Page, Current Students Home Page, Faculty & Staff Home Page, etc. are more prominently displayed.
Time to register for classes? Use 'Online Services'
Class registration will begin shortly after Cal Poly Pomona launches the first phase of its redesigned website on Monday, May 13. Students are encouraged to find links to BroncoDirect, Blackboard and email by using the Online Services link at the top of the new Cal Poly Pomona home page.
Cal Poly Pomona Debuts New WebsiteMay 13, 2013: Cal Poly Pomona has launched its new website. The first phase of the project included the home page and heavily used or needed pages. More sites will be updated in later phases. Users will notice a more user-friendly design, focused less on the organization’s structure and more on the audiences’ needs. Other important changes based on user feedback include:
- Easy links to popular sites in the header and footer. Links to the library, popular online services, each college, and more will be easily accessible from every page
- A scrolling campus topics featuring the biggest news, events and issues happening at Cal Poly Pomona
- A quick view of the local weather
- An entire section devoted to campus life
The current site was introduced in 2009, and while it met the university’s needs at the time, university leaders wish to take advantage of new technology and web standards. The design was developed after a series of student surveys and usability tests.
First Look at the New Website
A new video previews the redesigned website, highlighting the new features and navgation.
Preview the New Website at Town Hall MeetingsThe campus community is invited to preview the redesigned website at two town hall meetings. Learn about the new features, as well as the the planning and design process. Sessions will be held:
- Wednesday, May 8 at 5 p.m. in the BSC, Ursa Major AB
- Thursday, May 9 at noon in the BSC, Centaurus room
- Easily accessible links to popular sites in the header and footer
- Scrolling campus topics featuring the biggest news, events and issues happening at Cal Poly Pomona
- Quick view of the local weather
- An entire section devoted to campus life