Organizational Culture & Clan Control
- Organizational culture is a collection of values, norms, & behavior shared by workers that control the way workers interact with each other.
- Clan Control: control through the development of an internal system of values and norms.
- Both culture and clan control accept the norms and values as their own and then work within them.
- Examples include dress styles, work hours, pride in work.
- These methods provide control where output and behavioral control does not work.
- Strong culture and clan control help worker to focus on the organization and enhance its performance.