How to Prepare
Every Cal Poly Pomona employee should be prepared for emergencies by learning basic emergency procedures and maintaining a small personal emergency kit in their office and vehicle. Read this site several times and bookmark the page. Print a copy of the Emergency Procedures (PDF).
Stay calm and react sensibly.
The success of any emergency plan will depend on the thoughtful and cooperative response by all campus personnel pulling together.
At work you should:
- Be familiar with your building’s floor plan.
- Know where the stairs and fire extinguishers are located.
- Enroll in a first-aid/CPR class.
- Prepare your area for earthquakes by securing and anchoring equipment and furniture, including bookshelves, cabinets and computers.
- Visit and get to know your building marshal.
- Dial 911 on a campus phone
- Dial (909) 869-3070 from a mobile device
- Blue Light Emergency Phones on campus connect with University Police
- (909) 869-3070
- (909) 869-3220
- After hours: (909) 869-3220, then press option 2
- (909) 869-4000
- After hours nurse hotline: (855) 868-4945
- (866) 869-7659 or (866) 869-POLY
- (909) 869-4697
- (909) 869-3030