Other major disaster or explosion
In the event of a violent accident such as an airplane crash or explosion, take the following actions:
- Immediately take cover under tables, desks or other such objects providing protection against flying glass and debris.
- When it is safe to do so, notify the campus police on any campus phone by dialing 9-1-1. When using a cell phone, dial (909) 869-3070. Give your name, the location and the nature of the emergency.
- If the emergency threatens those in the building, contact your building marshal, or if directed to do so by emergency personnel, activate the building alarm system.
- Assist the disabled, and if there is an immediate hazard, assist injured persons in evacuating the building.
- Once outside, move to your pre-designated evacuation area or clear area at least 150 feet away from the affected building. Keep walkways clear for emergency vehicles.
- Do not return to a building until emergency personnel tell you to do so.
- Dial 911 on a campus phone
- Dial (909) 869-3070 from a mobile device
- Blue Light Emergency Phones on campus connect with University Police
- (909) 869-3070
- (909) 869-3220
- After hours: (909) 869-3220, then press option 2
- (909) 869-4000
- After hours nurse hotline: (855) 868-4945
- (866) 869-7659 or (866) 869-POLY
- (909) 869-4697
- (909) 869-3030