BIG CHANGES FOR R01 APPLICANTS
For the new February 5, 2007 receipt date and beyond…
- NIH will require electronic application submission for all R01 applications – NO MORE PAPER!
- Submission involves a new application form. The new SF424 (R&R) form set contains the same information, but has a very different look and feel. Try it out before it’s time to submit.
- Prepare yourself now! See Tips for Investigators to learn how.
- The new process changes the approval and submission procedures within your institution. Work with your central grants office to learn how your institution is handling the changes.
- NIH continues to welcome unsolicited, investigator-initiated applications; use the R01 Parent Announcement listed at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/parent_announcements.htm.
- Take advantage of the December 5, 2006 training event. Check out the other training resources available at http://era.nih.gov/ElectronicReceipt/training.htm.
- Learn about available options for Macintosh users at http://era.nih.gov/ElectronicReceipt/files/mac_options.htm.
- Take advantage of the eRA Commons Web support ticket system for quicker service when seeking help.
Subscribe to NIH Electronic Submission listservs to stay informed.
The NIH Electronic Submission of Grant Applications website is a great resource for up-to-date information.