Provost’s Award for Excellence in Service
Candidates for the Provost’s Award for Excellence in Service will have a record of service above and beyond what is normally expected of faculty at Cal Poly Pomona. Applications will be evaluated with respect to the following:
- Exemplary contributions to faculty governance;
- Active and valued activities to improve the University;
- Significant voluntary service outside the classroom benefiting students, colleagues, and/or the University;
- Noteworthy and widely recognized contributions to the larger professional community including specific professional societies;
- Significant service as a representative of the University to the community at large.
After receiving the nomination statements, the Committee for the Provost’s Award for Excellence in Service will invite all nominees to provide electronic copies of all items they consider relevant for further consideration by the Committee including, but not limited to:
- Curriculum vitae on the form provided;
- Copies of relevant materials necessary to evaluate the nominee’s service contributions;
- Three letters of support on the form provided. Letters must be submitted electronically with an original signature; no hard copies will be accepted.