PolyCARES: Preventing violence before it starts
What is PolyCARES?
PolyCARES is a program to prevent campus violence before it starts. The purpose of Cal Poly Pomona's Community Assessment and Response for Employees & Students is to proactively identify, assess, and offer a coordinated institutional response to those who pose a risk to themselves, others and/or the campus community.
How can I get assistance?
When should I seek help?
- Violent Acts
- Bizarre Behavior
- Thoughts of Suicide or Self-Harm
- Hate Crimes & Hate Incidents
- Extreme Distress
- Family/Domestic Problems
- Alcohol/Drug Abuse
- Whenever you wonder, "Should I...?"
I need immediate help
Call University Police
- From Campus Phone: 9-1-1
- From Cell Phone, Pay Phone, or Off Campus Phone: (909) 869-3070
I need advice or consultation
- Confidential consultation available through Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) on-call crisis counselor: 909-869-3220.
- After hours, including weekends, during holidays or campus closures, call CAPS at 909-869-3220 and press "2" to speak with a crisis counselor.
Is there a tip line?
- Non-Emergency Confidential Tip Line: 909 869-3399
- Confidential Emails (emails are held in confidence, but are not anonymous)