Club and Organization Registration
New Club Registration
New Club Registration is currently closed for the 2014-2015 year. The last workshop was held November 3, 2014. The myBAR application to register a new organization is due DECEMBER 5, 2014 for those of you that attended a New Club Registration Workshop and have fulfilled the necessary requirements.
Continuing Club Registration Information
Below is the process to register your Club/Organization. You MUST complete EVERY step in the process. Once you have completed every step, and you have submitted your registration, we will review it as soon as possible. You must complete all registration steps in myBAR.
- Register and attend the Bronco Club and Organization Registration Conference (see dates below)*
- Log into myBAR using your BroncoDirect information
- Click on the Organizations link
- Locate your Organization
- Click the link that says "Register this Organization"
- Submit all information and complete all steps
- Read and Submit the Non-Discrimination Statement
- Read and Submit the Hazing Policy Acknowledgement
- Input organization's entire Executive Board
- Input organization’s community service activity
- Select an Advisor, and upload the signed and completed Advisor Application
In addition, GREEK ORGANIZATIONS need the following:
- Update chapter roster on myBAR (including any new members from Spring 2014)
- Fall calendar, including recruitment events, to be uploaded into myBAR
- Copy of updated insurance (must be current) to be uploaded into myBAR
- Input the name and contact information for your organization’s off-campus advisor to myBAR
- Input your organization's tax payer ID number to myBAR
Bronco Registration Club and Organization Conference
We are excited to announce the Bronco Club and Organization Registration Conference. The purpose of the conference is to give you all the information that you will need to successfully run your club/organization. We will offer all of the required workshops that need to be completed in order for your club/organization to be registered at each conference. Plus we will offer free lunch!
Presidents, Treasurers, Schedulers and the Risk Managers (Greek organizations only) are required to attend, but all members of your executive board are welcome. Click here to register for the Bronco Registration Club and Organization Conference. Registration is required.
Officers, be sure to register for the Bronco Club and Organization Conference to ensure your club/organization is able to register for the 2014-2015 school year. Certain officers MUST attend their designated workshops in order for your club/organization registration to be approved; you will find the workshop schedule with corresponding officers highlighted below:
- President Workshop – 9am-10am
- Scheduler Workshop – 9am-10am OR 10am-11am
- Treasurer Workshop – 9am-10am OR 1pm-2pm
- Policy Workshop – 10am-11am OR 11am-12pm (President AND Scheduler)
- Organization Management 101 – 11am-12pm*
- Lunch - 12pm-1pm
- Risk Management – 1pm-2:30pm
- Clubs: President AND Scheduler
- Greek Organizations: President, Scheduler AND; Risk Manager OR Event Chair
- Community Service – 2pm-2:30pm*
- Budget Workshop – 2:30pm-4pm (President AND Treasurer)
*Only 1 person from your club/organizations needs to attend this workshop and it can be ANY executive board member.
If you have any questions or concerns about attendance at the Bronco Registration Club and Organization Conference, contact Sharon Rocacorba at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The LAST Bronco Registration Conference will be held Tuesday, December 2, 2014 from 9am-4pm in the Bronco Student Center. Check-in will be held in Ursa Minor. Register for the conference at this link. You will receive a message on myBAR confirming your club status as registered for the year. Once you have officially completed all steps in the registration process, you may access your funds and reserve rooms.
All components of Club/Organization Registration must be completed by Friday, December 5, 2014. All myBAR registration applications must be submitted by 10:00pm.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can new clubs/organizations be registered this year?
Yes! With the passage of the Student Success Fee, the Office of Student Life and Cultural Centers (OSLCC) has been given approval to fill some of the positions lost over the past several years. As a result of this great news, OSLCC will be able to resume registering new clubs on an annual basis instead of once every two years.
The deadline to register new clubs or organizations for 2014-2015 is December 5, 2014. The last required New Club Workshop was held November 3, 2014. If you have not attended a new club workshop yet, you will need to wait until the 2015-2016 registration process.
Is there someone I can speak to about starting a new club?
Sharon Rocacorba (email@example.com) is the person within OSLCC who works with the chartering of clubs/organizations.
What’s the difference between club re-chartering and club registration?
Nothing at all! They are interchangeable terms that we use to describe the process of having your club recognized on campus.
I am an outgoing President, Scheduler or Treasurer, do I need to attend the workshop?
No, the workshops are for newly elected officers. However, we encourage you to help them with their transition as they may not be familiar with the registration process.
I am the President of a council. Do we need to register?
Yes! Councils, clubs, and Greek organizations must register each year, even if you have held the same position before.
Do Greek organizations have the same requirements as clubs?
Greek organizations have the same requirements as clubs, but they are required to complete a few additional steps as well. The information can be found above.
What happens if my club doesn’t register?
If your club doesn’t re-charter, your club/organization will not be recognized by the University. Your club/organization will not be able to reserve space on campus or access funding set aside for clubs and organizations.
I want to revitalize a club that didn’t register during the 2013-2014 academic year, can I do that?
Yes! You will follow the same steps in the registration process.
What is the deadline to register my club?
The Fall Registration deadline has passed, but the Winter Club Registration Process deadline is December 5, 2014.
Please contact Sharon Rocacorba at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 909-869-2841 with questions regarding the process.