Being an advisor to a student organization is a rewarding experience for both the advisor and the students. As such the Office of Student Life and Cultural Centers would like to recognize the importance of your role as faculty and staff who serve as advisors to Cal Poly student organizations.
To strengthen our partnership, we have provided you with information and resources that will assist you in cultivating and sustaining these organizations.
There are many resources and policy updates to share on an annual basis. Please join us for an advisor orientation and question/answer session.
Advisor Workshop Dates for the 2014-2015
- Monday, May 19, 2014 - 3:00pm @ BSC, Andromeda C
- Friday, May 30, 2014 - 11:00am @ BSC, Orion C
- Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 4:00pm @ BSC, Andromeda
- Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 2:30pm @ BSC, Ursa Major A
- Monday, July 28, 2014 - 2:30pm @ BSC, Andromeda A
- Monday, Aug. 11, 2014 - 2:30pm @ University Library, Room 1822
- Monday, Aug. 25, 2014 - 2:30pm @ BSC, Andromeda A
- Thursday, Aug. 28, 2014 - 2:30pm @ BSC, Andromeda A
The Power Point for the orientation workshops can be found here (PowerPoint).
Executive Order 1041: Student Travel
I want to bring to your attention that a new Executive Order has been issued by Chancellor Charles Reed to all the CSU campuses: Executive Order 1041; you will find a link to the entire order linked at the bottom of this website.
In summary, the EO1041 requires that:
1) Students participating in CSU-sponsored air travel that is not regulated by the US department of transportation must purchase life and personal injury insurance [see attachment A, Student Safety, 3].
2) If your organization charters a bus, the company must include indemnity and co-insurance provisions [outlined in Attachment G of the executive order] in the contract.
3) All students participating in air or bus travel with your organization must sign an Activity Release Form
Contact La'Keisha Beard at firstname.lastname@example.org, should you have any questions.