Welcome! Your orientation program is designed to give you a comprehensive experience where you will learn about academic requirements, academic success strategies, campus involvement, volunteer opportunities and registering for your first-quarter classes.
Freshman orientation is a mandatory three-day, two-night program.
You must check in at Encinitas Lawn (Bldg. 20) on the day of your orientation.
- Academic advising and course registration
- Campus tour
- Lodging in the residence halls (including bedding)
- Materials (curriculum sheet, BroncoID card and resource guide)
- Campus resource information
- Meals during the program (Day 1 lunch and dinner; Day 2 breakfast, lunch, and dinner; Day 3 breakfast and lunch)
- Educational workshops
- Time to meet other new and current students
- Campus involvement fair
Students comments about orientation program
"I'm glad I had an opportunity to attend the orientation program. I had a really good time, learned a lot about the Cal Poly Pomona campus, and the student life I will be a part of very soon." Freshman Student
“I really enjoyed Poly Nights! The orientation leaders were enthusiastic about the games and got the group very excited to attend Cal Poly Pomona. Poly Nights was probably my favorite part and I would recommend it to every new student. It was a very open environment and I met a lot of friends. Thank you for providing this great introductory program!” Freshmen Student
Orientation is mandatory
All students are required to attend the full three-day, two-night program. It is a requirement to enroll in the university: not attending orientation can result in not being able to enroll.