Freshman Orientation Checklist
What to Bring to Orientation
- Writing utensil and notebook.
- BroncoID number and password.
- University documentation* and paperwork.
Students will have time to take care of any university business if needed. Bringing any documents that Cal Poly Pomona has sent you (for example, acceptance letter and receipts) would be helpful.
- Unofficial transcripts from high school or previous college (recommended).
- Government issued photo ID card (such as driver's license, passport, etc.).
- Test scores (ELM*, EPT*, SAT, SAT II, AP, MDPT, etc.)
Students MUST have taken the Entry Level Math (ELM) and English Placement Test (EPT), unless otherwise exempt.
- Extra spending cash (for orientation T-shirts, bookstore items and snacks).
- Comfortable shoes and casual clothing.
- Lots of questions and lots of ENTHUSIASM!
What to do before coming to orientation
- Log in to BroncoDirect and become familiar with the website/information by using the tutorials we will send you.
- Check your Cal Poly Pomona and/or personal email for orientation updates.
- Read our program guidelines (Poly Night rules).
- Print out your parking permit.
- Print out directions and map to campus.