Welcome New Students & Families!
We are very excited to meet you! Cal Poly Pomona's orientation program is a great way to begin your university experience and ensure a successful transition into the academic community. We have a multifaceted orientation program that is designed to suit the needs of first-time freshmen and transfer students, in addition to parents and family members.
Orientation promotes academic achievement and personal development through academic advising, class registration and an introduction to student services and resources. You will have the opportunity to meet experienced student leaders and other new students as well as experience campus life at Cal Poly Pomona.
Our mission is to develop holistic programming and create opportunities for students to become engaged members of the campus and global community. We commit to preparing students for lifelong learning and leadership by:
- Being responsive to changing trends and needs of new students and the university through timely assessment.
- Developing a sense of community among new students by creating shared experiences.
- Integrating students into the life of the institution through the promotion of campus traditions, mission, philosophy and culture.
- Creating intentional opportunities for faculty/student interactions.
- Connecting students to valuable support resources.
- Educating students about their rights, responsibilities and opportunities.
- Engaging parents and families as support systems for student success.