Time: 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Location: Building 98, (CLA) C5-15
Pre-requisite: Completion of beginning MS Word course or equivalent/knowledge and experience.
Instructor: California Computer Schools, Inc.
- Inserting automatic date and time
- Viewing updating fields in a document
- Selecting/changing paper size and orientation
- Setting/changing default document formatting
- Understanding section breaks
- Creating and editing headers and footers
- Creating and changing a document password
- Inserting screen comments in a document
- Using Mail Merge
- Getting started with a form Letter
- Creating a data file
- Adding records to the data file
- Creating the main document
- Merging the main document and data file
- Using Mail Merge to generate envelopes
- Creating an envelope from a letter
- Switching between multiple open documents
- Copying text between open documents
- How to perform multiple copy and paste
- Viewing multiple documents on the screen
- Using and changing columns in a document
- Understanding widows and orphan control
- Keeping lines or multiple paragraphs together
- How to change case without retyping text
- Creating folders to save/organize documents
- Move/copy files from one folder to another
- Methods to select multiple documents
- Deleting and restoring documents
- How to record and run a macro
- Creating a macro button or hotkey
- Using the Drop-Cap feature
To register, please log into BroncoDirect
*Note to staff participants: Please be sure to clear your attendance with your managers.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation, please inform us by email at email@example.com or by calling the ODT office at x3726 one week prior to the workshop.
If you have questions regarding registration for classes, please contact:
Loretta Roth, Organizational Development & Training,
email: at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reservations will be confirmed by email.