Thanks for visiting my site! As a faculty member in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Cal Poly Pomona my interest are very diverse. I enjoy exploring the world of chemistry with students through engaging course offerings, applied research, and scholarly activities. In this site you will find more information about all of these areas and how they relate to the Page Group. Please contact me if you have ideas for collaboration or would like to learn more!
Summer 2014, Building 4, Room 1-432
Wednesday 11:00 am - 12:00 noon
or by appointment
Recently Completed Projects
- 06/24/14: Our High School Biodiesel manuscript was ACCEPTED to the J. Chem. Educ. for publication.
- Review the highlights of the recent SoCAL PKAL meeting at Cal Poly Pomona and download the meeting poster.
- 04/24/13: Our caffeine inquiry lab was ACCEPTED to J. Chem. Educ. for publication
- 08/22/12: Our Ratio and Proportions (RAP) manuscript was published by the National Study of Education in Undergraduate Science (NSEUS)
- The Page group is investigating the synthesis of novel Green consumer materials.
- We are developing a Biodiesel lab using oil from Used Coffee Grounds collected on campus
- Two senior students are analyzing data collected during a chemical education project in which students solved stoichiometric calculations with Ratio and Proportions (RAP) in four Pomona USD high schools!
Dr. Michael F. Z. Page
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
3801 W. Temple Ave. Pomona, CA 91768