Thanks for visiting my site! As a faculty member at Cal Poly Pomona my interest are very diverse. I enjoy exploring the world of chemistry with students through engaging course offerings, applied research, and scholarly activities. In this site you will find more information about all of these areas and how they relate to the Page Group. Please contact me if you have ideas for collaboration or would like to learn more!
Spring 2013, Building 4, Room 1-432
for an appointment
Recently Completed Projects
- 04/24/13: Our caffeine inquiry lab was ACCEPTED to J. Chem. Educ. for publication
- 03/22/13: Our commentary manuscript reviewing the Best Practices of teaching stoichiometry was assigned to the chief editor of J. Chem. Educ. for review
- 08/22/12: Our Ratio and Proportions (RAP) manuscript was published by the National Study of Education in Undergraduate Science (NSEUS)
- 05/21/12: Our Caffeine Analysis Lab was implamented in AP and Honors Chem classes at Diamond Ranch High in Pomona
- We are looking to fill the Dept. Seminar spots for the upcoming academic year!
- We are writting a Biodiesel lab using oil from Used Coffee Grounds collected on campus
- Two senior students are analyzing data collected during a chemical education project in which students solved stoichiometric calculations with Ratio and Proportions (RAP) in four Pomona USD high schools!
Dr. Michael F. Z. Page
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
3801 W. Temple Ave. Pomona, CA 91768