Thanks for visiting my site! As a faculty member in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Cal Poly Pomona my interest are very diverse. I enjoy exploring the world of chemistry with students through engaging course offerings, applied research, and scholarly activities. In this site you will find more information about all of these areas and how they relate to the Page Group. Please contact me if you have ideas for collaboration or would like to learn more!
Spring 2014, Building 4, Room 1-432
Monday and Wednesday 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Tuesday and Thursday 10:30 am - 12:00 noon
Recently Completed Projects
- Review the highlights of the recent SoCAL PKAL meeting at Cal Poly Pomona and download the meeting poster.
- 09/10/13: Our manuscript discussing a Biodiesel lab for high school students was re-submitted to the J. Chem. Educ. after minor revisions
- 04/24/13: Our caffeine inquiry lab was ACCEPTED to J. Chem. Educ. for publication
- 08/22/12: Our Ratio and Proportions (RAP) manuscript was published by the National Study of Education in Undergraduate Science (NSEUS)
- 05/21/12: Our Caffeine Analysis Lab was implemented in AP and Honors Chem classes at Diamond Ranch High in Pomona
- The Page group is investigating the synthesis of novel Green consumer materials.
- We are developing a Biodiesel lab using oil from Used Coffee Grounds collected on campus
- Two senior students are analyzing data collected during a chemical education project in which students solved stoichiometric calculations with Ratio and Proportions (RAP) in four Pomona USD high schools!
Dr. Michael F. Z. Page
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
3801 W. Temple Ave. Pomona, CA 91768