You are eligible for the program if you are:
- A low-income (please refer to this chart to determine if you meet this criterion) AND first-generation college student (a first generation college student is defined by the Federal government as a student who has not resided with or received primary support from a parent who has received a BA degree or equivalent);
- *Or underrepresented in your field of study at the doctoral level (the US Department of Education considers students who are African American, Chicano/Latino, or Native American to be underrepresented in higher education);
- Must have completed at least 60 quarter units by the end of the Winter quarter when you apply;
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
How to apply for the research internship:
- Read the FAQ and the Application Process pages on this web site.
- Download and complete the Eligibility
Form. The eligibility form is due no later than Monday, March 11, 2013 at 4 pm.
- Bring completed Eligibility
Form to the McNair Scholars Program Office, located in the Science Building, Third floor, Room 8-306. Once your eligibility has been established,
you will be given an application.
Information is also available at the McNair Program Office:
Science Building (Bldg. 8), Room 306.
Third floor, to the immediate right of the elevator.