You are eligible for the program if you are:
- A low-income (please refer to this chart to determine if you meet this criterion) AND first-generation college student (a first generation college student is defined by the Federal government as a student who has not resided with or received primary support from a parent who has received a BA degree or equivalent);
- *Or underrepresented in your field of study at the doctoral level (the US Department of Education considers students who are African American, Chicano/Latino, or Native American to be underrepresented in higher education);
- Must have completed at least 60 quarter units by the end of the Winter quarter when you apply;
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident status.
How to apply for the program:
- Read the FAQ and the Application Process pages on this web site.
- Complete and submit the eligibility form online. Online submission form closed. The eligibility form was due Friday, February 28, 2014 at 3:30 PM.
- Bring supporting documents (CPP Unofficial Transcript, Community College Transcripts (if applicable), CPP Financial Aid Package Summary (from BroncoDirect), 2013 1040 IRS Tax Form) to the McNair Scholars Program Office, located in the Science Building, Third floor, Room 8-306. The supporting documents were due on Friday, February 28, 2014 at 3:30 PM. Once your eligibility has been established, you will be given an application.
Click Here for Sample Eligibility Form
Information is also available at the McNair Program Office:
Science Building (Bldg. 8), Room 306.
Third floor, to the immediate right of the elevator.