Organic Chemistry Laboratories: CHM 317L, 318L, 319L, 422L, 424L
Dr. Laurie Starkey, Cal Poly Pomona
Course Materials and Announcements:
- 1st Day handouts: 318L Syllabus | 318L Schedule | lab tutorials (can be viewed with any web browser, using Adobe Flash Player 8 - click here to download the free player)
- Spectroscopy handouts (IR, NMR, Mass Spec) and sample NMR problem answer key
- lab notebook information: Components of a Lab Report | Reagent Table practice: blank table | answer key | video solution
- fractional distillation apparatus: interactive picture and handout
- Information and recipes for TLC stains
- Free chemical drawing software! Did you know that your institution has purchased a Site Subscription through PerkinElmer Informatics, makers of ChemBioDraw Ultra 13.0? This means that you are able to download fully functional chemistry or biology software and have access to online databases, via the Cal Poly Pomona site subscription, which has been prepaid by your institution.You are able to download as long as you have a valid csupomona.edu email. Click here to download ChemBioDraw Ultra 13.0, and access any related database subscriptions.
CHM 424L spectra: carvone IR/NMR | limonene IR/NMR | dihydrocarveol IR/NMR
Last updated October 7, 2014.