|The LSAMP, MEP and SEES programs rely on the community of peer support engendered by our activities to further serve the advisement needs of its students.
MEP implements a formal peer mentor/mentee program matching first-time freshmen throughout their first academic year with role model continuing students. Mentors meet weekly with mentees to:
1) monitor and document student progress in understanding, developing and applying effective study strategies/skills;
2) assist students with adjustment to the university and making the transition from high school to college;
3) explore options and alternatives to help students define their own solutions in problem solving and effective decision making;
4) model and encourage good academic behavior and class attendance and participation in significant MEP activities;
5) help students cope with, or eliminate problems that may affect positive academic progress;
6) facilitate and develop positive relationships with mentees;
7) promote a supportive, friendly and safe environment for students.
These relationships are designed to continue informally throughout the students' academic careers whereby mentees bcome mentors themselves.
|MEP: Maximizing Engineering Potential|
|SEES: Science Educational Enhancement Services|
|UR Bronco (Undergraduate Research)|