Before you meet with an advisor
- Refer to the Cal Poly Pomona Advising website for general information that may answer your questions: www.csupomona.edu/~advising/
- Update your curriculum sheet.
- Complete an advising worksheet
- Visit Bronco Direct and access your Student Center - Review your transcripts, transfer credit report (if you are a transfer student or have AP credit), and Degree Progress Report. Make sure everything is accurate.
- Write down questions/concerns you need to ask your advisor.
- Know your Bronco ID number (BID).
- Create an Advising Folder that contains all necessary items for a successful meeting with your advisor.
The more prepared you are, the better an advisor can assist you.
The Liberal Studies Department is one of the few departments on campus that have a dedicated student advisor. That is, students can meet regularly with our Liberal Studies Advisor
- to check on the progress toward degree completion
- to get help planning for registration
- to get advice and information about accessing academic and students resources throughout the university
If you are a CPPEER, 4yr. Pledge Honors College, Intercollegiate Athletics, disqualification student or a student that last attended Cal Poly Pomona 5 or more years ago, Dr. Bryant is your designated Curriculum Advisor. All other students will meet with the Student Advisor, Berlinda Crawford.
To schedule an appointment, contact Rebecca Briseno (firstname.lastname@example.org), (909) 869-3567. You will need to provide your Bronco number, telephone number, available days/times, and reason for advising.