The Learning Resource Center (LRC) supports students, staff, and faculty through its programs: Bronco Tutoring (subjects other than Reading and Writing), the Reading, Advising, & Mentoring Program (RAMP), and the University Writing Center (UWC).
The LRC’s programs offer free tutorial assistance in University-wide subjects. The LRC's tutors are referred by faculty and certified through the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA). Tutoring is provided by appointment and walk-in basis for Bronco Tutoring and the UWC; RAMP offers tutoring services by appointment only. For more information on scheduling appointments, please click the Tutoring link above.
- Bronco Tutoring offers workshops for Math and Statistics classes and in preparation for the MDPT.
- RAMP offers reading, financial aid, financial literacy, and professional mentoring workshops to program participants.
- UWC offers GWT preparation, grammar, and plagiarism workshops.
These workshops are held periodically throughout the year. For more information and workshop schedules, please click the Workshops link above.
The LRC offers resources such as videos, handouts, and tutoring tips for study skills strategies such as test-taking, note-taking, improving communication skills, and managing stress. For more information and further links to PDF handouts for Study Skills Resources, please click on the Study Skills link above.
- Bronco Tutoring offers MDPT Math Analysis and Pre-Calculus practice tests, as well as one-on-one and group tutoring for these tests.
- RAMP offers tutorials designed to help participants prepare themselves for graduate school entrance exams (CBEST, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT).
- UWC offers helpful tips, practice essay prompts, and one-on-one and group tutoring for the GWT.
- UWC offers CPU 401, a writing proficiency course that is an alternative to the GWT.
For more information on the LRC’s test preparation services, please click the Test Preparation link above.