Cal Poly Pomona's Campus History from the University Archives
Special Collections Home > Collections > University Archives
Special Collections Home > Gallery
 
logo
HISTORICAL PHOTOGRAPHS

 

1950 - Dedication of Voorhis Rock

voorhis rock 

Poly Vue Court members (left to right) Jackie Byer, Gerry Gartin, Diana Jones, Ardis Stewart, Charles B. Voorhis, and Poly Vue Queen Mary Ellen Seaman.

During the Eighth Annual Poly Vue celebration and campus open house, a memorial plaque was unveiled commemorating the dedication of the Voorhis School to California State Polytechnic College, San Luis Obispo. The large granite boulder and plaque were moved to the Pomona campus for the 1996 Founder's Day celebration and placed in Voorhis Park (next to the CLA bldg. 98). Because the campus was all male until 1961, the Poly Vue court was drawn each year from a different local college. The 1950 court came from Whittier College.  

 BACK

FORWARD 


About the use of images

 
 

dropshadow

 
 

 

University Library Special Collections
Bldg 15 room 4434 •  909-869-2087 • kaerickson@cpp.edu