|Student, faculty and staff crews worked hard
during December 1968 moving over 150,000 books, plus furnishings
and equipment into the newly built University Library (bldg.
15). The Blue Key service club did an outstanding job promoting
and organizing the move. Initially, the new library building
had four levels which were designed to allow for the later addition
of two more stories. Harold F. Wells, director from 1954 to 1983,
had already presided over library moves from the Voorhis campus
to the Kellogg campus (bldg.2) in 1956, and from bldg. 2 to bldg.
5 in 1959. His successor, library director Harold B. Schleifer,
later oversaw the addition in 1989 of two more floors to the
top of the building. At that time the book collection had grown
to 500,000 volumes.