campus history header
Special Collections Home > Collections > University Archives
Highlights from Cal Poly Pomona History
 
    Introduction       1920's       1930's       1940's       1950's       1960's       1970's       1980's       1990's  
 

 
 
Walter H. Roeder, University Library
Updated by Danette Cook Adamson

This chronology will trace the early history of W. K. Kellogg's Arabian Horse Ranch and the evolution of the university which began in 1938 when the Voorhis family donated the Voorhis School for Boys to the State of California for use as the Voorhis Unit (the southern branch) of the California State Polytechnic School, San Luis Obispo.

Building numbers have been added to the chronology to help readers identify campus buildings.

 
 

University Library Special Collections
Bldg 15 room 4434 •  909-869-2087 • kaerickson@cpp.edu