- W. K. Kellogg purchased 11 Arabian horses before selecting a ranch site.
- After looking at locations from Ventura to Pomona, Mr. Kellogg purchased 377 acres of land in Pomona, at a cost of $250,000, as a site for his Arabian Horse Ranch. A legend says that the choice of the ranch site was decided on the flip of a coin. One day Mr. Kellogg stopped his car and flipped a penny up in the air while saying, "Heads it's Pomona; tails, it's Santa Barbara." The ranch eventually became the present Cal Poly campus.
- This was an active construction period at the ranch. Under the supervision of architects Myron Hunt and H. C. Chambers four buildings were completed: the Arabian Horse Stables and the Trainer's House in 1926; the Kellogg Mansion and the Manor House in 1927. (The names of some of these buildings have changed -The Arabian Horse Stables have become Union Plaza(26), The Trainer's House is the Duplex(95), the Kellogg Mansion is University House(112); the Manor House(111) retained its name). Landscape Architect Charles G. Adams developed plans for the Rose Garden in 1926 and planted the garden in 1927.
- Rudolph Valentino rode the Kellogg Arabian Jadaan in the film, "The Son of The Sheik." Jadaan was the first of Kellogg's horses to appear in motion pictures.
- Informal horse shows were started in the stable courtyard, eventually these shows developed into regularly scheduled Sunday shows which are now presented at the W. K. Kellogg Horse Center(29); over 3 million people have seen the shows.
- During this period many motion picture stars came to the ranch to have their pictures taken with the horses. Some of the big names included Mary Pickford, Clara Bow, Gary Cooper, Olivia de Havilland, Tom Mix, Loretta Young, and Ronald Reagan.
- Charles Voorhis purchased 157 acres of land in San Dimas and started the Voorhis School for Boys. The school operated from 1928-1938 providing housing and an education to over 300 boys until the Voorhis family donated it to the State of California. Julian McPhee, President of California State Polytechnic School, San Luis Obispo, was given control of the Voorhis site to establish a southern branch of Cal Poly which could offer a horticultural and agricultural curriculum.
- 1928(July 14)
- The W. K. Kellogg Airport was dedicated. The landing strip (450 feet by 2,300 feet) was located east of the Arabian Horse Stables (Union Plaza(26)). This was the first private airport constructed in the Pomona Valley.