Electronic Reserve System Supports Blackboard
What is eReserve?
eReserve (Electronic Reserve) is an on-line web based service designed to provide access to instructional support reserve material offered at Cal Poly Pomona. The University Library provides access to course reserves via the Library's catalog.
How does eReserve support Blackboard course sites?
- The eReserve system saves time for faculty who want to digitize and post reserve documents.
- eReserve can link to existing Blackboard courses.
In Blackboard, which pages or tools can be used to link to eReserve?
- Course Documents
- Calendar, etc.
Can faculty link their Blackboard courses to their eReserve course list?
Yes, existing Blackboard course sites can be linked to course list on the Library’s eReserve.
How does the link benefit faculty?
- The Library does the work for the faculty by scanning and posting the course material consistent with copyright laws.
- The Library links the faculty Blackboard course to the faculty eReserve course list.
- The Library emails the eReserve URL address to the faculty so they can link from their Blackboard course.
- The Library links all external URL addresses on the faculty eReserve course list to the Blackboard course.
NOTE : eReserve includes both traditional (print) reserve material as well as electronic material.
How does the link benefit students?
- Provides access to course material 24/7, from anywhere at anytime (home, office, library or campus computer labs) through the Library catalog or through the Blackboard course sites.
- Students have easy access to other library resource (i.e., eJournals, Electronic Databases, eBooks, and Document Delivery).
- Students have the capability to view, download, and print either from home or the Library.
How will faculty know that Blackboard has been linked to eReserve?
Library sends a confirmation email or you can check the reserve module in the Library Catalog.
How can faculty take advantage of linking eReserve and Blackboard together?
Send your Blackboard course URL address and reserve materials to the Reserve/Media Desk located at the University Library on the 2nd floor.