How to Download Electronic Reserve Items
You may download your e-reserve item(s) from a computer workstation in the University Library on to a USB 2.0 flash drive or from home on the drive you select. The research workstations on the fourth floor have Microsoft Word installed.
To download an e-reserve item, follow the instructions on how to view e-reserve items first.
The e-reserve scanned image must be downloaded as an image. To save images do the following:
- Click on the Save icon above the document.
- Select the pages that you wish to save.
- Select the drive you want to store the image on (e.g., A, B, C).
- Type the file name and end with .gif extension.
To open the image in Microsoft Word
- Insert your floppy disk and open Word
- Choose the Insert option on the top of the screen.
- Choose the Picture option.
- Select the option “from file”.
- Select your floppy drive and “all files” as the file type.
- Click on insert.
- Click on the name you named your file and click ok.
- Your image will load.
NOTE: You may view your document from any program that has an image capability.