||Susan J. Mulley |
Associate Professor of Landscape Architecture
|B.A./B.S.C., History/Agriculture || University of Guelph, 1987|
|M.A., History || University of Guelph, 1995|
|M.L.A., Landscape Architecture || University of Guelph, 1998|
|Ph.D.,Rural Studies|| University of Guelph, 2007|
Susan Mulley has initiated several major new research projects in the field of coupled human and natural systems including projects on food security/urban agriculture, water conserving behavior and perceptions of low-water use landscapes, wildland-urban interface and rural-urban interface issues, social justice and the landscape of the Coachella Valley, and vernacular knowledge and public-participatory GIS. In addition, she has initiated several publically-engaged scholarship projects including partnerships with Trust for Public Lands on the Ventura River Parkway and the Marks Ranch Historic Rancho; the State Coastal Conservancy on the Ormond Beach Wetland Restoration and Access Plan and the Santa Clara River Access Plan; the City of Escondido on the Escondido Creek Vision Plan; and the Santiago Creek Conservancy on the Santiago Creek Access Plan.
- Milburn, L. S., S. J. Mulley, and C. Kline. "The End of the Beginning and the Beginning of the End: The Decline of Public Agricultural Extension in Ontario" Journal of Extension in press
- Milburn, Lee-Anne S., Susan J. Mulley and Robert D. Brown. 2010 "'¡silver in the stars and gold in the morning sun': Non-Farm Rural Landowners' Motivations for Rural Living and Their Attachment to Their Land." Landscape Research 35 (10) 27-46.
- Brzuszek, Robert, Richard L. Harkess and Susan J. Mulley. 2007. "Landscape Architects' Use of Native Plants in the Southeastern United States." HortTechnology Vol 17 Issue 1 January 2007.
- Milburn, Lee-Anne, Susan J. Mulley, Robert D. Brown and Stewart G. Hilts. 2006. "Reflections on the Evolving Role of the Academic in Envisioning Change in Landscape Architecture" in P.F. Mooney (ed.) Shifting Ground: Landscape Architecture in the Age of the New Normal (2006 CSLA/CELA Conference) Vancouver, B.C.: University of British Columbia.
- Mulley, Susan J. and Stewart G. Hilts. 2008. Best Management Practices Among Ontario Farmers: Conservation and Stewardship in Action. Report to the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, Guelph, Ontario.
- Mulley, Susan J. and Steward G. Hilts. 2008. Sustainability Ceilings: Understanding Models for Sustainability, Stewardship and Conservation Behaviour. Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs and the University of Guelph, Guelph Ontario.