Listed here are minutes from the meetings of:
-May 3, 2011
-April 19, 2011
-April 4, 2011
-March 1, 2011
-February 15, 2011
-January 25, 2011
-January 11, 2011
-November 30, 2010
-November 16, 2010
-November 02, 2010
Minutes February 15, 2011
-27 members in attendance.
-CPP letters painting canceled due to rain
-Integration Bee March 4th at 3pm
-Pi day, Pie your Professors coming up, TBA
-March 12th PCUMC (math conference) free at Loyola Marimount.
-Movie Night coming up, stay tuned for more info.
-Shirt and Sweatshirt orders are in.
-Nano Days, need 25 science volunteers.
-Penny Jar fundraiser.
Minutes January 25, 2011. KME - Math and Statistics Club
31 members are in attendance.
-Drive in movie fundraiser raised $30 for the end of the year banquet.
-Sold 7 tickets to the Science Council Casino Night.
-Thursday Feb 10th UCR Grad School Rep. will be here to answer
questions. (room # not yet known).
-Painting the CPP letters has been confirmed for Friday Feb. 18th 3-6pm.
-Integration bee sign-ups are now underway. Will be held March 4th
with prizes for the winners
-Pie Day will be celebrated Friday before finals week with “Pie your
-Get money to Daisy for club sweatshirts. Deadline is Tuesday Feb 1st for
for size, and Feb 3rd for deposit.
Cost is $20 ($10 minimum deposit).
-Friday Feb. 4th Fundraiser: Love Triangle TV taping. Need 10 people
to attend. Will go from 1-7:30pm in Hollywood (looked like there were
only 4-5 people signed up by the end of the meeting)
-Budget Vote approved use of funds to reimburse those who attended the JMM.
-Science Council updates : SACS wine tasting/lecture - $12 dollars,
reserve spot by Feb. 4th : Blood Bank Tour : For those interested see
***Next meeting for KME to be held in 3 weeks instead of 2. Will be
held Tuesday Feb. 15th.***
KME Minutes 1/11/2011
44 members in attendance
-Joint Math Meetings Trip was a blast! Talk about experiences and information.
- : Mission Tiki Drive In “Green Hornet/ Due Date”. On
Friday Jan. 21st. Tickets are $9.
-Integration Bee information TBA
-Painting CPP letters . Pending approval
-Science Council Ursa Major Western Themed,
Friday Jan 21st room 8-14A for pre-event tickets.
-More TV Tapings?
-Broomball (likely next quarter)
-T-shirts have arrived. YAY!
-Pie day celebration. Pie a professor fundraiser? Looking at Friday
before finals week.
-UCR grad school info
-Box of candy in math office fundraiser
-possible future club hike
Let the record show that 30 Members were in attendance at the KME math and stats club on November 30, 2010.
- Last chance to sign up for the STEMS research
- REU’s (research experience for undergraduates). Check for opportunities on the NSF, AMA, MAA, and AMS websites.
- Math for America Teaching Fellowship. See Dr. Wilson for more information on this teaching scholarship.
- There were 94 signatures for the math room. The petition has been turned in. Thank you to all who signed.
- Yoga tonight @ 5:30
- Movie Night Thursday Dec 9th 6:30pm
- Idea for upcoming event. Have an integration bee.
- TV taping “Lets make a deal” Dec 16th. 9:30 am and 12:30 am.
- Borders in Chino 10-5pm gift wrapping fundraiser.
- Science Council, Engineering without borders presentation.
- Craft time. Dodecahedron Calendar Activity.
Let the record show that 30 attended the KME math club meeting on November 16th, 2010. Announcements:
- Leadership conference Friday November 19, 2010.
- Alumni Association looking for applicants.
- Joint Math Meetings Conference in New Orleans yoga alliance club yoga session, Tuesday before finals week. See for more updates (see Robert Beck for more info)
- Winter Social . Presale tickets $20, at the door $25.
- List of new science clubs.
- Dr. Wilson letting us know about a get together with for pizza and problem solving 6pm Thursday Nov. 18th.
- The Moody Lecture Series Friday Nov. 19th at Harvey Mudd, .
- Scholarship Reception Tuesday Nov. 23rd.
- Last chance to sign petition for a math common room.
- This meeting is last chance to pay dues for club membership in order to receive a t-shirt.
Let the record show that 39 attended the KME math club meeting on November 2nd, 2010. Announcements:
- Inland Valley Partners and Albertsons are teaming up to feed those in need this Thanksgiving. If you’re interested in volunteering please see Jennifer.
- Anyone interested in some Yoga the Friday before finals? More info to come.
- Science Council updates: A western theme for the winter social was chosen. November 14th there will be a walk for Down Syndrome.
- We had 11 people participate in the TV taping of “Let’s Make a Deal”, unfortunately none of them were picked.
- There will be a scholarship reception November 23rd in honor of those who are recipients.
- Today at 1pm Morgan will be talking to a Science 101 class of physics majors about joining KME if anyone would like to join in and give some positive info about KME.
- This Thursday is a teaching award ceremony during U-hour where our math department’s own Berit Givens will be honored.
- Deadline for club dues in the next meeting in two weeks.
- Watched the movie Flatland.