STEM: In-School and After School Activities
STEM is an acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. STEM education not only addresses the demand for scientists and engineers but also is a key component of responsible, global citizenship.
- The STEM education begins in early childhood when children are curious and creative and continues through college.
- All children, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, or learning style, can excel in STEM disciplines and can aspire to STEM careers.
- Effective teaching at all levels utilizes hands-on, minds-on inquiry into the natural world.
Our STEM education program has been the culmination of more than 15 years of experience by one of the founders, Dr. Jawa , Professor of engineering at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona in California, U.S. Our STEM focus includes: Biomimicry
- Robotics (from 3rd grade to high school and beyond) - Why Robotics?
- Engineering for all - a sequence of engaging, hands-on, pre-engineering courses for elementary, middle and high school students
- Hands-on Algebra
- Sustainable design
- Renewable Energy Experiments
- Computer Aided Design with rapid prototyping
- Green Technologies
Robotics is increasingly being considered the Fourth essential R (after the 3 Rs, Reading, wRiting and aRithmetic). Robotics is a truly multidisciplinary field which combines mechanical, electrical, electronics engineering, and computer science. Though robots are complex machines and building robots requires various skills, current technology makes it possible for anyone with an interest to build, program, and control their own robots. Building robots:
- Makes learning fun, engaging, and inspiring
- Provides highly practical hands-on experience
- Gives students a head-start in preparing for high school and college
- Develops critical thinking skills and problem solving strategies
- Enables learners to develop and express creativity
- Develops the ability to work collaboratively in teams
- Helps students develop an intuitive understanding of physical concepts in science & math
- Helps students excel in math and science and choose a career in STEM
- Enables learners to appreciate and realize technology
- Builds confidence and self-esteem
- Prepares students for the fast-paced competitive world
- Helps our students become globally competitive