Curricular Practical Training (CPT)



Enrollment in internship courses will be possible through the College of Extended University.

  • Check with your major department or the Co-Op office regarding the availability of internship courses and what course number to enroll in.

  • Make an appointment with an International Advisor to apply for:
    Curricular Practical Training (CPT) Clearance Form PDF and obtain authorization to work off campus.

  • Register for your internship course via Bronco Direct during the registration period.

In order to receive approval for Curricular Practical Training and off-campus work authorization we must verify that you are or will be enrolled in an internship course or need work hours towards a requirement for your major.  CPT dates can be adjusted and do not have to be limited to the 5 ½ week summer session.

While the International Center is working with you to make sure your internships are not interrupted by the decision by the University to cancel state-funded classes, you must obtain approval to work off campus from the International Center and enroll in an internship course so that your F-1 status is not jeopardized.

Curricular Practical Training (CPT)

Requires enrollment in an internship class that requires paid or unpaid work experience. The completion of a Curricular Practical Training (CPT) form by the employer and the advisor, and submission of the completed form to the International Student Advisor for authorization.

Forms and Other Information


Get Adobe Reader