Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
Curricular Pratical Training (CPT) is employment defined as, "alternative work/study, internship, cooperative education, or any other type of required internship or praticum that is offered by sponsoring employers through the cooperative agreement with the school" 8 C.F.R. § 214.2(F)(10)(i). CPT must be integral to the student's degree program.
- Must have completed one full academic year and be in valid F-1 status and in good academic standing
- Complete 3 quarters of full-time undergraduate or 2 quarters of graduate coursework at Cal Poly Pomona
- Obtain recommendation by your Academic Advisor or Internship Coordinator
How to Apply
- Complete the CPT form, available online or at the International Center
- Receive academic approval from your academic department
- Drop off the signed form along with business card or offer letter to the International Center
- Pick up the new I-20 with the CPT authorization
*Students cannot begin employment until they have CPT authorization.
**CPT is only available for the dates requested on the form.
Forms and Other Information