IGE provides an interdisciplinary undergraduate general education experience that prepares students to lead globally conscious, socially responsible, productive, satisfying, and ethical lives in a changing diverse world.
The table below shows how IGE satisfies university general education requirements. You may also consult the Cal Poly Pomona University Catalog.
||Completion of IGE Courses
||Satisfies GE Requirements
IGE 120, IGE 121, IGE 122
A2 (English 104) as well as any 2 courses from Areas C1, C2, or C3
IGE 220, IGE 221, IGE 222
D1 (8 units) and D3
IGE 223, IGE 224
D2 and Area E
|Remaining GE to be completed. See your major department for advisement.
|Areas A1 and A3
Area B (16 units)
Area C4 and remaining course from C1, C2 or C3
- Score of 3 or greater on English Language and Composition AP exam may be substituted for IGE 122.
- Score of 3 or greater on English Language and Literature AP exam may be substituted for IGE 122 and satisfy additional lower division area C requirements.
- Score of 4 or greater on Art IB maybe substituted for IGE 122.
- Score of 4 or greater on Language A1 or A2 IB then may be substituted for IGE 122.
- Score of 3 or greater on US History AP exam may be substituted for IGE 222.
- Score of 3 or greater on American Government AP exam (plus passing score on California government test) may be substituted for IGE 222.
- Score of 4 or greater in Economics, Geography, or History IB may be substituted for IGE 222.
- GE Support courses in the major for appropriate courses in IGE. See the IGE chairperson for approval.
- Student may make up to a total of two substitutions in the IGE curriculum. These substitutions may be GE support courses required by their major.
- To gain credit for AP or IB courses, please submit this form to the IGE office.
For more information, contact Dr. Dennis Quinn at 909-869-6733
Back to Top