Welcome Week FAQ
- What is Welcome Week?
- When is Welcome Week?
- Why should I attend Welcome Week?
- How much is Welcome Week?
- When are Welcome Week applications due?
- How do I register to be a Welcome Week Participant?
- What does the $99.00 fee include?
- Is there a fee waiver for students with financial need?
- Is it mandatory to attend the Welcome Week events?
- Can I register for Welcome Week before I have a housing assignment?
- What time can I check in and where do I check in?
- What if I cannot check in on Sunday, September 22, 2013?
- Other questions concerning Welcome Week?
- Where can I obtain waivers for a parent to sign if I am under the age of 18?
What is Welcome Week?
Welcome Week is a 4-day residential welcome program for any incoming first-year or transfer student that will be living in the residential halls or residential suites during Fall 2013. Welcome Week is designed to familiarize new University Housing Services (UHS) residents to the Cal Poly Pomona campus through a wide variety of entertaining, social and educational activities.
- Welcome Week participants get to check into their residence halls or suites four days before those students that are not attending Welcome Week.
- Welcome Week residents participate in lots of fun activities that help them integrate into on-campus living and become part of the Cal Poly Pomona community.
- Welcome Week participants have lots of opportunities to meet and interact with other students living in their residence communities before their first day of classes.
- Welcome Week attendance was over 900 students last year - don't be left out!
- Online Registration
How much is Welcome Week?
The cost for Welcome Week is $99.00. Acceptable payments include check or money order payable to Welcome Week. The student’s name and Bronco ID number must be clearly written on the payment. Welcome Week encourages all participants to send in their form of payment as soon as registration is complete, however, payment must be mailed and postmarked no later than September 6, 2013.
When are Welcome Week applications due?
All the registration steps, including the online registration form and mailed payment, must be completed and received by Friday, September 6, 2013. You will receive an e-mailed confirmation letter (sent to your Cal Poly Pomona email account) within two weeks of receiving your registration payment.
- Online Registration: Welcome Week registration is available through StudentWeb: Login. You will not be able to register for Welcome Week until you receive your confirmation of your housing assignment from University Housing Services. This process normally happens in late July and early August. Once you receive this confirmation, a link to register for Welcome Week will appear at the bottom of your StudentWeb. Complete the online registration by September 6, 2013 at noon. Early registration is encouraged.
- Fee Payment: Details will be available on how to pay after you are confirmed to live in University Housing Services.
- Confirmation: You will receive an e-mailed confirmation letter (sent to your Cal Poly Pomona email account) within two weeks of receiving your registration payment.
- Special Needs: If you have a disability (including, but not limited to physical, vision, or hearing impairments) that requires accommodations, please inform us by noting your needs on the online registration form. A member of our staff will contact you to make the necessary arrangements.
- Due to our participant capacity, please register and send in your payment by September 6, 2013 to guarantee your spot.
What does the $99.00 fee include?
The $99.00 fee includes housing, meals, and admission to exclusive Welcome Week programs from September 22 – 25, 2013. Welcome Week is filled with activities and programs such as a fun night at the Bronco Student Center, a movie night, educational and social workshops, and a pep rally. Welcome Week participants also receive CPP Memorabilia! Note: Even though meals are provided, please bring snacks in case you get hungry before or between meals.
Is there a fee waiver for students with financial need?
Yes, there are fee waivers granted to students with financial need. Students must complete the online fee waiver application. All scholarship applications must be submitted online by August 30, 2013 to be considered for this award.
Is it mandatory to attend the Welcome Week events?
We highly encourage Welcome Week participants to attend all events. Going to the different events is the best way to meet new people, learn about the campus and just have an all-around good time at the beginning of the year. There are a few programs regarding housing information and campus safety that are mandatory.
What time can I check in and where do I check in?
Check-in for Welcome Week is on Sunday, September 22, 2013, between 10:00am and 3:00pm. Your check-in appointment time is included with your assignment information, which can be accessed through the Housing StudentWeb at https://housing.csupomona.edu/StudentWeb/Login. You will need to login with your Student ID and password. Click on your assignment for details about your roommates and your check-in time. To check-in on Sunday, September 22nd, please go directly to your assigned residence hall or suite.
What if I cannot check in on Sunday, September 22, 2013?
If you cannot move in on Sunday, September 22nd between 10:00am-3:00pm, please contact the Welcome Week Office at email@example.com or at (909) 869-5129 to make special arrangements for a later check-in. To make the most of your Welcome Week experience, the Welcome Week Leadership Team suggests that students make every effort possible to check in with the rest of the Welcome Week participants on Sunday. Unannounced late check-ins will not be honored; your welcome week fee will be forfeited.
Other questions concerning Welcome Week?
The Welcome Week office will be staffed by the Welcome Week Leadership Team from 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday through Thursday. Should you have questions or concerns feel free to contact the Welcome Week Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (909) 869-5129.
Where can I obtain waivers for a parent to sign if I am under the age of 18?
Please print both a Liability Waiver and Model Release Form, have your parent sign it and bring it to Welcome Week Check-In with you. You must have signed copies of both these waivers if you are under 18. If you are over 18, you e-signed these forms during the registration process and no further action is necessary.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
University Housing Services
Cal Poly Pomona
3801 West Temple Avenue
Pomona, CA 91768