Resident Adviser Checkout
Residents must check out before 5:00pm on Friday, June 8, 2013 as listed on Terms and Conditions.
The following are a few things we recommend doing as soon as possible.
- Determine the date and time you will be checking out. Please choose a day and time when you know you will be completely out of your room and schedule an appointment to check out with a RA in your building.
- At least 30 days prior to check-out, contact companies with which you have contracted for services and have your service transferred or terminated, i.e.: Verizon (phone), newspaper or magazine delivery, etc. If you fail to do this, you may be charged for services. You are responsible for these charges…so make sure you take care of your accounts!
- Complete theChange of Address form online on the Housing StudentWeb.Don’t wait. It takes 4-6 weeks to take effect. If you fail to do this, your mail will be returned to senders. Magazines are not forwarded and are discarded (recycled). Please keep in mind that the forwarding of mail is a temporary service and you still need to correct your address with each company.
- Rooms are to be returned to its original configuration at least a week prior to checking out. Please de-bunk and return the lofting equipment to your building’s front desk. All roommates will be assessed a fee for rooms that are not brought back to its original configuration.
- Check with the Housing Office to verify you do not have any packages that were delivered recently.
Before you check out:
- Remove personal furniture and belongings from your room and the common areas. If you are disposing of any furniture, you must do so off campus. Please do not put any furniture in the dumpsters. Items left behind will be discarded. All items must be removed from your room BEFORE you return your keys. You will not have access to the room once you check-out with the RA.
- Make sure you empty the trash from drawers, closets, cupboards, and wastebaskets. Place all trash in the trash bins outside of the building. Please do not dispose of trash in the restrooms. You will be charged if your personal trash is found in the restrooms.
- Your room needs to be thoroughly cleaned and vacuumed. All of your belongings should be out of the room and your bathroom locker. Remove everything from all walls, door surfaces, shelves, closets – thumbtacks, staples, brads, stickums, tape and decals. Wipe down all surfaces.
Now you are ready to Check Out
- Meet the RA at the front desk at your appointed time. You and the RA must visually inspect the room together, noting any damages. You must sign and date your Room Inventory Form, indicating your agreement as to the condition of the room.
- Turn in your room key, mailbox key, and mattress pad to the RA who checks you out. If these items are not returned, you will be assessed charges. At minimum, you may lose your security deposit.
We also encourage you to follow the Cleaning Recommendations:
If you have any questions, please contact University Housing Services, (909) 869-3307.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
University Housing Services
Cal Poly Pomona
3801 West Temple Avenue
Pomona, CA 91768