The following University Housing Services Posting Policy has been created with fire safety, resident privacy and aesthetics of the residences in mind. UHS reserves the right to deny posting privileges of any organization found in violation of the Posting Policy.
1. Posting printed flyers, announcements and signs to advertise upcoming events and/or programs in the residences is permissible by UHS Residence Life staff and InterHall Council (IHC) members.
2. Residence Life staff and IHC members are responsible for posting in the common areas of the residences, i.e. lobbies and lounges. Resident Advisors are responsible for posting on wings and in bathroom areas. All postings must be removed 24 hours after the scheduled event.
3. Posting printed flyers, announcements and signs to advertise upcoming events sponsored by recognized campus organizations is permissible under the following criteria:
a. Postings must be approved by the Associate Director of Residence Life, or designee. Approved postings will be distributed to the individual residences for posting.
b. Postings must include the name of the campus organization sponsoring the event or program and the date, time, and location of the event or program.
c. Postings that promote alcohol or other drugs will not be approved.
d. Events advertised must be open all CPP students.
e. Postings that are approved will be stamped with the UHS approval stamp. Each advertisement must have an original approval stamp.
f. Recommended flyer size is 81/2” x 11”. The maximum size is 11” x 17”.
g. Organizations are responsible for providing all copies of postings. UHS recommends providing either nine (9) copies – one for each residence– or forty-six (46) copies – one for each residence hall wing.
h. Postings for co-sponsored events with IHC and/or UHS must include the proper IHC and/or UHS logo.
i. Only Emergency Facilities information will be on fluorescent green paper and be posted on bathroom, exterior, and stairwell doors.
4. Poster size advertisements are not allowed in the residences*. Poster size advertisement is designated to the outdoor stairwell area in front of Los Olivos and the railings on the back patio of Los Olivos. All posters approved for Los Olivos must comply with ADA and be posted, at minimum, on the back patio. All poster-size flyers must be approved by the Associate Director of Residence Life; approval is based on the criteria listed above and available space. Events and/or programs sponsored by UHS and/or IHC have priority. All postings must be removed 24 hours after the scheduled event. Only one poster-size flyer is allowed to be advertised at any given time. Poster-size flyers must not overlap any other flyers that have also been approved.
* Poster-size advertisements of Residence Life and/or IHC sponsored events held in the residences may be posted in the common areas of the residences.
5. Mailbox stuffing is permissible on a limited basis and must be approved by the Associate Director of Residence Life. Approval is based on the criteria listed above as well as on space availability. Events and/or programs sponsored by UHS will have priority.
6. Emergency Facilities information is advertised on fluorescent green paper and is posted on designated areas throughout the residences. Locations include: all bathroom doors, all exterior doors, and all stairwell doors. Only Emergency Facilities information will be posted in these locations. Only Emergency Facilities information will be printed on fluorescent green paper because of these emergency protocols.
7. Staking advertisements are not allowed on UHS property.
8. Large free standing advertisements are not allowed (exception may be made for UHS or IHC events.)