The application for current first-year Cal Poly Pomona students will be posted here in late June or early July 2013.
Who Can Apply?
Current Cal Poly Pomona students, who will complete their first year at the university in June 2013, are eligible to apply for the Kellogg Honors College as incoming sophomores. Eligibility requirements are:
- 3.50 or higher Cal Poly Pomona GPA
- Earned 36 or more college level units by the end of Spring 2013
- Be a first year (non-transfer) Cal Poly Pomona student during the 2012-2013 academic year
Applicants must submit responses to the following prompts. Each response is limited to 600 words.
- Please list any awards, honors, and/or leadership roles you received in the last four years. Include dates and level (national, state, or local).
- Please explain any involvement you have with on-campus organizations (clubs and/or department offices). If you were not involved with any campus organizations, please list any that interest you and why.
- What is your definition of "honors" in the context of higher education? What does it mean to be an "honor student"?
- What are you future career goals and how do you plan to achieve them?
- Describe an experience in your life that shaped and defined your attitudes and/or perspective.
Applicants must also provide contact information for a Cal Poly Pomona instructor in which the applicant took a course with during the 2012-2013 academic year. The KHC may contact the instructor during the review process. Applicants must provide the following:
- Instructor's name
- Academic department (e.g. English)
- Phone number
- Email address
- Name of course taken (e.g. MAT114)
- Quarter course taken (e.g. Spring 2013)