How to Apply
Fall 2015 Kellogg Honors College Applications
- The freshmen application will open in December 2014
- The sophomore application will open in June 2015
- The transfer application will open in June 2015
- Un-weighted high school GPA of 3.50 and above
- A separate Honors application is evaluated based on your essays, SAT scores, leadership, service and recommendations.
- An application to Cal Poly Pomona by the November 30 deadline must be completed before applying to the Kellogg Honors College.
Admission is competitive. Typically, admitted students have mean GPA=3.96; mean SAT score 1300 (critical reading + math)
Showcase of Excellence
On the last Saturday in January the Kellogg Honors College hosts the Showcase of Excellence at Cal Poly Pomona. Showcase of Excellence is an event where prospective students and their families are invited to meet with Kellogg Honors College students, faculty and staff. Attendees will also have opportunities to meet representatives from their majors and various campus services (e.g., University Housing Services, Admissions, etc.). Students are invited to attend based on their high school GPA and SAT/ACT scores.
Current CPP Freshmen (use sophomore application) :
- Complete 1 academic year at Cal Poly Pomona as a first-time freshmen
- 3.50+ CPP GPA
- 36 CPP units completed
Incoming Transfers (use transfer application):
- 3.50+ cumulative transfer GPA