Fellowships and scholarships
The Kellogg Honors College offers advising for nationally competitive fellowships and scholarships. There are too many to list, but you can view an extensive list and a brief description of each on NAFA's website. Below are regional scholarships and fellowships. Please contact Dr. Bhavsar or Won Choi if you have any questions.
- CSU Pre-Doctoral Program
- $3,000 for graduate school research. Applicants must demonstrate strong interest in becoming CSU faculty upon completion of degrees. Open to all majors. Applications are released every December and due the following March.
- President's Council Scholars
- $2,500 scholarship for current CPP students. Applications are due every March.
Why take an Honors class?
Success in the long term depends on the ability to meet challenges, persevere and have a deep and broad understanding of issues and an awareness of oneself. Your high GPA may initiate an interview and even a job, but staying in the job, rising in the profession and achieving professional and personal goals depend on the characteristics, skills and knowledge you acquire from the complete university experience. Honors classes are meant to enhance this experience. They are designed to provide a richer academic setting than your regular classes. This has the potential to be very rewarding and gratifying and requires effort. It is the kind of effort that is fun and fulfilling because of the challenge met and its long-term advantage. Please reflect on this while choosing your classes.
Graduation Writing Test (GWT)
CPP students must pass the GWT in order to graduate. Below are facts you should know about the GWT:
- The GWT must be taken after completing 90 units, but before completing 120 (includes transfer/AP units). A GWT registration hold will appear once you exceed 120 units.
- The GWT score and number of attempts do not appear on the transcript nor do they affect GPA.
- The test is offered once per quarter and costs $18.
- You can sign up for the GWT via BroncoDirect.
- Visit the GWT website for more information, including test dates.