Various past projects that are no longer under development.
- An extended authentication server that allows clients to obtain DCE credentials
through Microsoft challenge and response or Apple random number exchange authentication.
sec_auth supports encrypted authentication for Windows and MacOS file sharing
through samba and netatalk.
- A perl interface to the OSF DCE API.
- A perl interface to the OSF's Distributed Filesystem. Contains a
convenient interface to ACL manipulation, and the ability to make
DFS RPCs via perl scripts.
- Intranet administration CGIs
- The perl CGI scripts used to administrate the Cal Poly Pomona Intranet.
- A perl script using DFS-Perl that provides chmod like functionality
in DFS, including simple yet powerful ACL specification, wildcards,
and support for recursive descent.
- DCE integrated CDE login for Solaris 2.5
- Source code and instructions on how to integrate DCE authentication
into the native Solaris CDE login binary, dtlogin.
- DCE Authentication Module for Apache
- An Apache module that allows use
of the DCE security registry for web authentication, secure access to
DFS using native DFS ACLs for authorization, and authenticated CGI
- DCE patches for various software packages
- Patches to add DCE support to various freely distributable
- Client DFS RPC stubs library
- libdcedfs.a, a library containing the DCE client-side RPC stubs
needed for making direct RPCs to various DFS servers, such as the
flserver and ftserver. This library was generated from freely
available DCE IDL source code obtained from the OSF by gcc under
Solaris 2.5. Some of my other packages depend on it. While those
packages include instructions on how to obtain the IDL source and
generate the library on your own, this prebuilt library is provided
as a convenience for Solaris users. Ideally, DCE vendors would
include both the DFS header files and DFS libraries with their
distributions. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any that do so
completely. Of course, I've never ran across anyone else who was
interested in making direct DFS RPCs, so there you go.
- DCE Naming Services for Solaris
- One of the most glaring omissions in Transarc DCE is the lack of
naming service integration. Replicating your registry in local
password and group files seems rather undesirable to me. Fortunately,
the flexibility of the Solaris naming services switch architecture
allows excellent DCE integration. With nss_dce, you can specify "dce"
as a source in the nsswitch.conf file and retrieve naming service
information directly from the DCE registry.
- Sophos virus scanning module for Apache
- Integrates the Sophos SAVI API in Apache, allowing virus scanning
of web content.
- Perl module for accessing Sophos SAVI virus scanning API
- Allows accessing the Sophos virus scanning API from a perl script.