Mental Health Services
Mental health is an important part of your overall health and wellness. If you are struggling with anxiety, depression, substance abuse, or other mental health problems, you can make an appointment with one of the counselors in Counseling Services or a physician in Health Services. Counseling Services, located in the Bronco Bookstore Bldg. 66-116, is your on-campus resource for short-term individual, couples, and group therapy. We also provide referrals, non-credit classes, outreach services, workshops and relaxation training. Mental health care is provided by licensed therapists and primary care physicians, and is included in your mandatory health fee.
If you need a referral to psychiatric services and have private medical insurance, contact your insurance carrier. If you are UNINSURED and/or looking for a community provider, see our list of resources. If you need assistance with this process, please call Counseling Services at 909-869-3220 and ask to speak to the Case Manager.
SHCS DOES NOT PROVIDE AFTER-HOURS OR WEEKEND CARE. IF YOU ARE HAVING A LIFE-THREATENING PSYCHIATRIC EMERGENCY AT ANY TIME, PLEASE CALL:
- 909-869-3070 (UNIVERSITY POLICE ON-CAMPUS) OR 911 ( IF OFF-CAMPUS) FOR IMMEDIATE HELP
- CPP COUNSELING SERVICES HOTLINE @ 909-869-3220, THEN PRESS 2
- YOU CAN ALSO REPORT TO YOUR NEAREST EMERGENCY ROOM
- SPEAK TO SOMEONE 24 HOURS A DAY/7 DAYS A WEEK BY CONTACTING THE LOS ANGELES COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH ACCESS CENTER AT 1-800-854-7771
- ADHD (Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Bipolar Disorder (Manic Depression)
- Mental Illness (What is it?)
- Mental Health in the African American Community
- Mental Health in the American Indian Community
- Mental Health in Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders
- Mental Health in the Hispanic/Latino Community
- Panic Disorder