About This Project
The project will replace existing deteriorated existing 12” water distribution piping; provides one new 570,000 gallon steel water storage tank with new valves and controls system. Primary intent of this project is to improve the campus domestic water system infrastructure.
|Construction start date:
|Expected completion date:
Winter 2009 , pending recovery schedule from contractor
|Total Project Cost:
|Gross sq. footage:
|Assignable sq. footage:
|% of project complete:
- Funding for this project is from the 2007/2008 Capital Renewal Program Funding Source, Proposition 1D (General Obligation Bond).
Progress of Major Construction Activities
- The revised tank re-submittal has been submitted to DPH approval is anticipated to be provided May 2009.
- The existing water lines at the lower reservoir have been identified and preparations for tie-in are being scheduled.
- The tank foundation is being excavated.
- The tank installation is tentatively scheduled for July 2009.
Key/Critical Issues Currently Pending
- Department of Health approval
- Revised construction schedule
- Installation of SCADA control system by FM
Upcoming Utility or Other Interruptions
- Steel tank new water lines tie-in, scheduling preparation ongoing with FM and the Contractor.
- Electrical and SCADA system tie-in
- Tank installation and access at Lot A
Other Areas of Significance