About This Project
The project will replace existing deteriorated existing 12” water distribution piping; provides one new 570,000 gallon steel water storage tank with new valves and controls system. Primary intent of this project is to improve the campus domestic water system infrastructure.
|Construction start date:
|Expected completion date:
Winter 2009 , pending recovery schedule from contractor
|Total Project Cost:
|Gross sq. footage:
|Assignable sq. footage:
|% of project complete:
Project has been approved to recommence work as of March 2, 2009.
- Funding for this project is from the 2007/2008 Capital Renewal Program Funding Source, Proposition 1D (General Obligation Bond).
Progress of Major Construction Activities
- The tank submittals have been approved by the engineer of record and have been submitted to the Department of Health for review and approval. DPH has submitted comments which are being addressed by the contractor, approval is anticipated to be provided May 2009.
- The existing water lines at the lower reservoir have been identified and preparations for tie-in are being scheduled.
- The opening required in the existing concrete tank has been completed.
- The tank installation is tentatively scheduled for July 2009.
Key/Critical Issues Currently Pending
- Revised construction schedule
- Installation of SCADA control system by FM
Upcoming Utility or Other Interruptions
- Steel tank new water lines tie-in, scheduling preparation ongoing with FM and the Contractor.
- Electrical and SCADA system tie-in
- Tank installation and access at Lot A
Other Areas of Significance