About This Project
The project will replace existing deteriorated existing 12” water distribution piping; provides one new 570,000 gallon steel water storage tank with new valves and controls system. Primary intent of this project is to improve the campus domestic water system infrastructure.
|Construction start date:
|Expected completion date:
|Total Project Cost:
|Gross sq. footage:
|Assignable sq. footage:
|% of project complete:
Project suspended due to State Budget Crisis
- Funding for this project is from the 2007/2008 Capital Renewal Program Funding Source, Proposition 1D (General Obligation Bond).
Progress of Major Construction Activities
- Project has been suspended due to State Budget Crisis
- The existing water lines at the lower reservoir have been identified and preparations for tie-in are being scheduled.
- The opening required in the existing concrete tank has been completed.
- The tank installation is scheduled for April 2009.
Key/Critical Issues Currently Pending
- Re-submittal of the tank and foundation design.
- Steel pipe re-submittal.
- Installation of SCADA control system by FM
Upcoming Utility or Other Interruptions
- Steel tank new water lines tie-in, scheduling preparation ongoing with FM and the Contractor.
- Electrical and SCADA system tie-in
- Tank installation and access at Lot A
Other Areas of Significance