Los Olivos Building 70 Refrigeration
About This Project
The project is located at the Los Olivos Commons Building 70 and includes construction of new kitchen refrigeration rooms on an 1700 SQF area. The new refrigeration rooms will replace existing outdated facilities and include new and efficient mechanical and electrical features. The loading deck and the adjacent parking surface will be replaced with an 8” thick reinforced concrete slab in order to comply with State Health Department requirements. The total project cost is approximately $550,000 and construction will be completed by September 2011.
|Construction start date:
|Expected completion date:
|Total Project Cost:
|Gross sq. footage:
|Assignable sq. footage:
|% of project complete:
- University Housing Services.
Progress of Major Construction Activities
- The selected refrigeration system uses a more efficient an environmentally friendly approach providing important energy savings.
- Environmental Abatement and demolition of existing is completed.
- New walk in refrigeration rooms have been delivered and installed.
- Mechanical equipment and new electrical and plumbing work is now ongoing.
Key/Critical Issues Currently Pending
Fulfillment of fast track construction schedule within remaining 15 days.
- Rigorous coordination of construction activities with Los Olivos management since dinning services will remain available to students during construction.
- New mechanical equipment start up and calibration.
- Completion of new slab on grade and loading deck improvements.
Upcoming Utility or Other Interruptions
Other Areas of Significance