Los Olivos Building 70 Refrigeration
About This Project
The project is located at the Los Olivos Commons Building 70 and includes construction of new kitchen refrigeration rooms on an 1700 SQF area. The new refrigeration rooms will replace existing outdated facilities and include new and efficient mechanical and electrical features. The loading deck and the adjacent parking surface will be replaced with an 8” thick reinforced concrete slab in order to comply with State Health Department requirements. The total project cost is approximately $550,000 and construction will be completed by September 2011.
|Construction start date:
|Expected completion date:
|Total Project Cost:
|Gross sq. footage:
|Assignable sq. footage:
|% of project complete:
- University Housing Services.
Progress of Major Construction Activities
- Design team selection including commercial kitchen consultant was established.
- 100% preliminary design and 95% construction documents have been completed.
- Foundation and Los Olivos management have reviewed and agreed to the proposed design.
- The selected refrigeration system uses a more efficient an environmentally friendly approach.
Key/Critical Issues Currently Pending
- Fulfillment of bidding calendar and selection of competitive Contractor for this construction work.
- Timely implementation of kitchen improvements during a tight summer schedule of approximately 75 days.
- Rigorous coordination of construction activities with Los Olivos management since dinning services will remain available to students during construction.
- Coordinate installation of temporary refrigeration facilities at the parking lot during construction period.
Upcoming Utility or Other Interruptions
Other Areas of Significance