About This Project
The project is located near the Rose Garden, the CLA building and the southeast corner of the College of Business project site. It includes the construction of an 8” thick reinforced concrete Fire Lane and ADA Pathway road. The 650-feet long by 25-feet wide pathway will connect Lot H, which will be upgraded with Accessible parking spaces, and the existing pathway next to the CLA building. The total project cost is approximately $395,000 and will be implemented during the first half of 2010.
|Construction start date:
|Expected completion date:
|Total Project Cost:
|Gross sq. footage:
|Assignable sq. footage:
|% of project complete:
- Vote approved General Obligation Bonds.
Progress of Major Construction Activities
- Contractor has completed road concrete activities, open swales and installation of underground electrical infrastructure.
- Sources of surface runoff water were identified to properly install the new storm drain system.
- Possibly impact to two existing Jacaranda trees has been identified and eliminated.
- Contractor has completed installation of western sections of the underground storm drain pipe.
Key/Critical Issues Currently Pending
- Assure project funds are extended beyond June 30, 2010 in order to allow full completion of the scope of work, particularly the Phase II road sections located within the College of Business site and at parking lot H.
- Complete the ADA walkways between parking lot H and the new fire lane road.
- Coordinate campus events scheduled for the upcoming weeks and months and located within the proximities of the fire lane road site.
Upcoming Utility or Other Interruptions
Other Areas of Significance