About This Project
The project is located near the Rose Garden, the CLA building and the southeast corner of the College of Business project site. It includes the construction of an 8” thick reinforced concrete Fire Lane and ADA Pathway road. The 650-feet long by 25-feet wide pathway will connect Lot H, which will be upgraded with Accessible parking spaces, and the existing pathway next to the CLA building. The total project cost is approximately $395,000 and will be implemented during the first half of 2010.
|Construction start date:
|Expected completion date:
|Total Project Cost:
|Gross sq. footage:
|Assignable sq. footage:
|% of project complete:
- Vote approved General Obligation Bonds.
Progress of Major Construction Activities
- Contractor has completed excavation of the fire lane extension (phase I).
- Contractor has completed installation of underground electrical infrastructure.
- Sources of surface runoff water were identified to properly design the new storm drain system.
- Possibly impact to existing Jacaranda trees has been identified at the site and steps taken to reduce impact.
Key/Critical Issues Currently Pending
- Assure project funds are extended beyond June 30, 2010 in order to allow full completion of the scope of work, particularly the road sections located within the College of Business site.
- Coordinate campus events and activities scheduled for the upcoming months and located within the proximities of the Fire Lane extension site.
- Minimize impact to Rose garden landscape, jacaranda trees and local infrastructure.
- Coordinate storm drain design issues at the site and made improvements to existing infrastructure.
- Improve site safety at this crowded students location and provide alternative routes for pedestrian walkways.
Upcoming Utility or Other Interruptions
Other Areas of Significance