About This Project
The project is located near the Rose Garden, the CLA building and the southeast corner of the College of Business project site. It includes the construction of an 8” thick reinforced concrete Fire Lane and ADA Pathway road. The 650-feet long by 25-feet wide pathway will connect Lot H, which will be upgraded with Accessible parking spaces, and the existing pathway next to the CLA building. The total project cost is approximately $395,000 and will be implemented during the first half of 2010.
|Construction start date:
|Expected completion date:
|Total Project Cost:
|Gross sq. footage:
|Assignable sq. footage:
|% of project complete:
- Funding for this project is from Minor Caps funding
Progress of Major Construction Activities
- Notice to Proceed to EPS has been issued by the Procurement Office.
- Contractor has stake out the new fire lane at the Rose garden proximities,
- Sources of surface runoff water were identified to properly design the storm drain system.
- Possibly impact to existing Jacaranda trees has been identified at the site and steps taken to reduce impact.
- Construction site areas have been fenced up.
Key/Critical Issues Currently Pending
- Minimize impact to Rose garden landscape, trees and infrastructure by means of road repositioning.
- Coordinate storm drain design issues at the site and made improvements to existing infrastructure.
- Improve site safety at this crowded students location and provide alternative routes for pedestrian walkways.
Upcoming Utility or Other Interruptions
Other Areas of Significance