About This Project
The CTTI Wet Lab Phase II project is located at the intersection of Temple Ave. and South Campus Drive, at the Center for Training Technology & Incubation. The Wet Labs Phase II Project will add 4,500 SF of custom built additional area, intended to meet the most stringent industry standards.
The construction documents phase of the project is currently been completed; the estimated total project cost is $950,000 dollars. Half of these funds are funded by federal funds, through the Economic Development Agency (EDA) and the other half by the Cal Poly Pomona Foundation. The finished building will be leased for commercial and industry use only, and is expected to be available in 2009.
|Construction start date:
|Expected completion date:
|Total Project Cost:
|Gross sq. footage:
|Assignable sq. footage:
|% of project complete:
- Funding for this project is from Cal Poly Pomona Foundation Inc. and a matching grant from the Federal Economic Development Administration.
Progress of Major Construction Activities
- Notice to proceed has been issued to TBC and is dated April 13, 2009.
- Construction has formally started on April 20 and site activities are proceeding according to plan.
- TBC Contractors are currently installing metal stud frames and electrical infrastructure.
- The Lab’s furniture and equipment submittals have been submitted to the Owner for review and approval.
- Long lead items such as HVAC equipment ands structural steel have been already reviewed and approved by the Project Architect.
- Weekly meetings are being conducted at the site including CPPF, FD&C and Contractor.
Key/Critical Issues Currently Pending
- Contractor to resubmit required Furniture and Equipment submittals for the Wet labs.
- Contractor to cap off remaining open ducts and install VAV boxes to develop adequate back pressure to existing HVAC system at the building.
Upcoming Utility or Other Interruptions
Other Areas of Significance