About This Project
Alamitos Hall Building 22 is a student residential building erected in 1961 on a total area of 37,426 SF. The building is located at University Drive and is widely identified by its red brick exterior facade. The scope of work for this project includes a full ADA renovation of all eight (8) restrooms and shower rooms; a total of approximately 2,700 SF. It includes installing new electrical, mechanical, plumbing and fire safety systems. Environmental abatement work will also be carried out at these facilities.
This $1.79 million project will provide fresh ventilation and A/C systems in restrooms, as well as the complete finishing systems, including ceramic tiles and waterproof ceiling tiles. The project was started on June 14, 2010 and construction at the dormitories will be completed by September 15, 2010. Construction of additional exterior walkways and stairs will be implemented and completed during the same timeframe. .
|Construction start date:
June 14, 2010
|Expected completion date:
|Total Project Cost:
|Gross sq. footage:
|Assignable sq. footage addition:
|% of project complete:
- University Housing Services
Progress of Major Construction Activities
- The project is completed within the expected schedule. The Fire Marshal has approved on September 2, 2010 the new fire alarm system and related safety improvements.
- Fresh ventilation has been installed at all eight restrooms. New lighting fixtures now employ motion sensors to improve energy consumption.
- Complete new plumbing, mechanical and electrical infrastructure is completed at all floors.
- Exterior sidewalks, ramps and the new parking lot are currently completed. New concrete surfaces were poured and placed on approximately 7500 SQF of the building surroundings.
- 10,000 SQF of new ceramic tile floors and walls are now completed replacing old finishing materials.
- Lobby upgrades including two visitor restrooms at first floor and A/C at TV room is completed.
Key/Critical Issues Currently Pending
- Complete construction Punch List of new construction work and made necessary improvements.
- American Air Balance to deliver the air balance report containing the HVAC applied efficiencies and capacities.
- Assure punch list and 100% construction activities are completed prior to students arrival to the building.
- Recording of Notice of Completion to the project is expected by September 14, 2010.
- Finalize project documentation. Processing of final payment, change order and retention.
Upcoming Utility or Other Interruptions
Other Areas of Significance